Thursday, August 7, 2008

PODCAST #18: 14/7/08



Show #711

PANEL: Graeme Dickenson, Greg Armstrong, David White

SONGS PLAYED:

Drive My Car
Tomorrow Never Knows
Yellow Submarine US Movie Promo
Love You To
Got To Get You Into My Life (Anthology 2)
Long Tall Sally (Essential Beatles)
Something (5:1 Orchestra Mix)
Paul & Ringo Interview (Top Gear, BBC, '64)
And I Love Her (Top Gear, BBC '64)
I Am The Walrus (Casualties)
Liverpool 8 (Acoustic/Liverpool 8) - Ringo Starr
Paul McCartney Intro/I Don't Want To See You Again - Peter & Gordon
Gene Simmons @ Abbey Road TV show excerpt
Rain
Lady Madonna (Unsurpassed Masters)
I Should Like To Live Up A Tree (A Song Before I Go) - Chas Neal
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Strawberry Sherbet Mix)
That's What It Takes (Cloud Nine) - George Harrison
That's The Way It Goes (Gone Troppo) - George Harrison
Grow Old With Me ("Threetles-style" outfake) - The Virtual Beatles

Chat including the new Beatles Monopoly game (what is this world coming to), more on Ringo, the Pepper drumskin auction which sparked conversation on Beatle record covers, segments include On This Day, Essential Beatles, Gone Troppo, and Fab Forgeries.

1 comment:

Glen said...

Hi Let it Be Beatles,

Long time listener here. Since about 1994. Just before "Anthology." Love the show but unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the city in Hawthorn and my reception is hit and miss. Depends what old radio I use and how close it is to the window.

Anyway, I rarely get a "clear" signal and usually get the worst signal on the nights when you play the best music. So I'm really happy now that you are uploading the show as a podcast. I'll still listen to the show live but it's so good to hear the music in better quality. The music this year has been sensational. A good mix of demos, novelties, covers and other rarities. Along with your chit chat about all things Beatles, it's a great two hours.

Interestingly enough, I've never been able pick up that other Beatles show broadcasting out of Whitehorse (Box Hill) even though it's only a few suburbs away. So much "snow" that it sounds like it's coming out of Alaska. Pity!

Anyway, thanks to all involved in putting these podcasts on the web. I'll come back and add some comments about the shows and tracks from time to time.

SeeYa
Glen Hannah.