Wednesday, April 16, 2008

PODCAST #5: 14/4/08



Show #698

PANEL: Graeme Dickenson, Greg Armstrong, Gav Myers

SONGS PLAYED:

Flying
It Won't Be Long
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Cry For A Shadow
Real Love (Threetles Overdubs Mix)
Working Class Hero (Australian Censored Edit) - John Lennon
I'll Follow The Sun - 1960 Rehearsal (Anthology Plus)
Watching Rainbows (Watching Rainbows EP)
If I Fell (Hollywood Bowl, 23 August 1964)
If I Fell (Vancouver, 22 August 1964)
Lily The Pink - The Scaffold
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Where Do You Go My Lovely? - Peter Sarstedt
I Feel Fine - Johnny Farnham
Selections from The Nylon Curtain - Billy Joel
A Hard Day's Night - Billy Joel
In My Life - Susan Ashton & Gary Chapman
It's Not Too Bad (Strawberry Fields Forever) - Demo Excerpts

Covers and interesting chat aplenty this evening, discussion including "All For Love", the mysterious Threetles song allegedly recorded in 1995, as well as Beatle DVD releases. Dicko takes us through the songs that preceded then displaced the Beatles No. 1 single in Australia in early 1969, and Gav Myers sticks his head in the lion's mouth demonstrating the influence of the Beatles on Billy Joel. All this and another instalment of Sherbet Armstrong's In My Life segment make for another great show...

1 comment:

Melvis said...

Special request from a longtime listener, first time blogger:

Could you please put up the hilarious Dicko/Macca photo?